If you are interested in how to remove candle wax from carpets, then this article is for you.
Candles are a part of many homes throughout the world. They are enjoyed for their beautiful scent, and for the ambience they bring to a room, whether they are lit or not. The problem with many candles is that they can leave wax spots on your beautiful upholstery and carpets.
Once wax gets deep into the fabric of your carpet, it’s possible that it can ruin that area, and it can leave unsightly stains. However, there are tips that you can follow to help remove candle wax without damaging your carpet.
How to Remove Candle Wax from Your Carpets
- Using Heat – It’s possible to remove wax from your carpet with little more than an iron and some napkins.
- First, you should remove any excess wax from your carpet with a dull knife.
- Next, you should heat the iron to a low setting and cover up the wax with a couple of napkins.
- Then, you should slowly move the iron over the napkins and it will melt the wax, and the wax will be absorbed by the napkins
- Be careful that the iron isn’t too hot, because it is possible to cause fading in some synthetic fibers.
- After you have managed to remove the wax, you will probably want to use a mild detergent to remove any residue, and to clean the rest of your carpet.
- Contact a Carpet Cleaner – If you have a lot of wax in your carpets, or if your carpet is excessively dirty, it is probably a good time to contact a carpet cleaner. Carpet cleaning services not only get your carpets looking like new, they can help extend the overall life of your carpets.
If you would rather not try to remove the candle wax yourself, contact a professional carpet cleaner. Carpet cleaners deal with all types of carpet mishaps.