A carpet cleaner is exactly what you need to keep your home and office carpets clean, and to provide a healthy work and leisure environment. Carpets that are not cleaned properly can lead to a variety of health problems, and not to mention, unsightly carpets.
In this article, we will discuss several ways for you to keep your carpet looking its best. Although a carpet cleaner in Pittsburgh is your best option, there are still ways you can keep it cleaner for longer periods of time.
Tips and Tricks to Keep Your Carpet Looking New
- Change Vacuum Pattern – To make sure you lift stubborn particles, a carpet cleaner recommends that you run your vacuum in different directions. Most people move their vacuum cleaners in the same direction each time they clean, leaving unnoticed particles beneath their carpets.
- Blot Instead of Rub – Blotting helps remove stains from your carpet, but rubbing them could cause them to spread. Use the correct type of dry or wet towel to apply some pressure to the stain, and remove it. Make certain that you are using a clean towel to avoid returning a stain or dirt particles to your carpet.
- Use Correct Cleaning Materials – Unlike other types of flooring, carpets are made from many types of material, and the fibers are spun differently on different carpets. The only way to be sure you are using the correct cleaning material is to read the documents that you have from the manufacturer. A carpet cleaner has years of experience, and knows the best cleaning method for each carpet variety.
- Vacuum Regularly – Vacuum your carpet every other day to keep it cleaner, and to prevent build up of particles that can cause allergies and illnesses. Remember, dust mites and other tiny insects like to hide in your carpet if they enter your home. By cleaning more often, you help to remove them.
- Dealing with Odors – Pet odors can drive you and guests crazy. Try using white vinegar and regular baking soda to remove strong urine odors and stains from your carpet.
Now you have learned 5 quick tips to keep your carpet clean. If you take good care of your carpet, it will provide you many years of use. Remember, when you get stubborn stains and odors, it’s much easier to contact a carpet cleaning company to get your carpet looking and smelling like new again.
Contact Renew Carpet Care today, and experience what it is like to have a professionally cleaned carpet.